- About SC-AZ
- Forum & Expo
- How to Get Started
- Why is Sustainability Important?
- What Can I Do Today?
- Down 2 Earth Gardens
- Shady Characteristics
- Save Energy
- Save Energy, Save Money, Save with SRP
- Natural Pest Control
- Planting Guidelines: Container Trees & Shrubs, Vegetable Planting Calendar for Maricopa County
- Green Home Checklist: Features Now Recognized in Home’s Listing
- Grow Money In Your Garden & Raised Garden Q&A
- Hot Roofs
- Energy Vampires
- SC-AZ Calendar
- SC-AZ Services
- Consumer Services
We are all different shades of green. Here are a few easy tips to put into practice in making a positive change toward sustainability.
There is power in numbers when we make small changes. For example, “If everyone in the country elected to buy one package of 100% recycled napkins instead of the non-recycled variety, that act alone would save 0ne million trees.” – Jennifer Powers, spokeswoman for the Natural Resources Defense Council. There are other simple things we can do to save even more trees.
There are other sustainable things we can do that can save money now and they don’t cost anything.
We can do things now, moving us toward sustainability & together we can make a big difference.